Saturday 27 August 2011

Stresssssssssssssssss!!

Oh my...so much to catch up on!


So. First things first.
I have my offical assessment and theory exams coming this week - eeeeeek!! So, really I should be revising right now but alas..life gets in the way.
This week has been extraordinarily stressful. I've had my course to work on, roller derby business to attend to AND sort out my part time cleaning job issues. It's been a loooooooong week.
So, to update, I quit my cleaning job. I worked for them for 7 weeks & they didn't pay me once & messed me around. Even though I'm not really in a position to tell them where to go, I had to. I need that extra hour for revision and chasing them for my money every week was becoming so stressful.



Roller derby, well, let me tell you I seriously considered quitting it this week. It made me so sad to think that something I once loved SO much was now something I dreaded doing. Something that was meant to be a fun hobby had turned into something so stressful and was making me feel like crap.
I had gotten myself into this situation by not taking control. I was in charge and for whatever reason I had let someone else take the reigns ..BIG MISTAKE!

I have since decided to take the power back. I AM IN CHARGE!! This ends now. I am so proud of my girls (makes me sound like a madam when I say that! haha) and how far they've come. There is no way I am walking away and letting someone else take control.
So..I am channeling my inner Sarah Connor...and god help anyone who gets in my way on Sunday!!!



I've said it before and I'll say it again running a sports team (of any kind) is a full time job. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes and I'm amazed at times that people do it at all.
I guess if you have a strong support system that makes it a lot easier.
I've been holding the fort on my own recently which is maybe why I let things slide a bit an have found myself in somewhat of a sticky situation but you live and learn.

I'm stressed about my course too. Obviously passing my mock exams and formative assessment is a good indication of how I'm doing but I can't rely on that. So every spare minute I have I'm trying to revise and get as much knowledge in my head as I can. Thank god for you tube and they very cool videos other people make that make anatomy etc fun or at the very least understandable! Origins and insertions are messing with my mind and don't get me started on the sliding filament theory....oh boy, so much to learn in such a short space of time. It's going to fast too. I can't believe I start week 3 on Monday..where has the time gone??

Well, that's about all I can update for now.
Am waiting for my vegan sausages to cool down before I add them to my salad for lunch. Got some avacados the other day that are ready to eat (hooray!! I hate waiting for them to ripen..it's takes soooooo long!!)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment