Tuesday 27 September 2011

New start..

Wow, it's been exactly one month since I last posted - baaaad blogger!!

So much has happened in that time. For a start I'M A QUALIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER!!! Amazing right?!
Not only that but I'm a qualified Gym Instructor too with a Sports Nutrition certificate too.
I have been so stressed during this course..I small part of the old me came back. The me that stress eats..oh my god it was obscene!
I couldn't stay out of the kitchen and because I was so tired by the end of the day, I wasn't working out either (outside of the classes I had to do) Ugh, have never felt so unfit and unhealthy in a long time BUT it was only for a few weeks and it's over now, so back to my old routine :)

I am so proud of myself for getting through the course. It's a huge deal for me, I have NEVER done anything like this before and even though it was a big decision and I was terrified I knew I could do it.
Now the hard work really starts though..and all out of nowhere I've had a lot of decisions to make.

On my last day of the course I had an interview for a super posh gym (which just happens to be just down the road from my house) BUT the gym rent is so expensive and as much as I liked the gym itself...there wasn't the most welcoming of vibes coming from the staff so I decided to turn the job down.
In the meantime, my old boss from the bookshop I used to work at called and said he's opening another bookshop and did I want to come back.

Excellent! I thought, I can do part time hours at the bookshop, do personal training in the mornings and afternoons and know that i'm earning enough money to pay back the course fees. However I must admit that at the back of mind I couldn't help but feel a little sad. I thougth I'd left my days of retail behind me..this was supposed to be fresh start of my new career.

THEN..the guy who interviewed me for the super posh gym got in touch and said that a girl had left the gym and now there was only one female personal trainer there (apparently us females are in demand) and they still really want me blah blah blah and have offered to let me work at the gym for a day or two as a trial run to see how the place runs.

I am so tempted...but I can't help but think how unfriendly the people were and that I HAVE to get clients coz I'll be owing the gym rent at the end of the month. It's such a scary thought...but then, this is what I want to do and I'll get paid well for it..so long as I get the clients.

It's all about stepping out of my comfort zone isn't it..


I'll never know what I could have acheived if I don't give it a go...part of me knows I can do this on my own..I don't need to pay gym rent and I know that the sensible option is to go to the bookshop buuuuut I'm tempted by this gym. It has a good reputation and at the end of the day it's all experience isn't it?
I can always keep an eye out for other gym jobs. Infact I've applied for a few already so who knows...

I have to learn to just roll with the punches..life has a way of working out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment