Tuesday 9 August 2011

Dissapointing Vegans

There seems to be a trend lately of people giving up on veganism. It's really dissapointing :(

I don't give a crap what anyone else eats, it's your body not mine. However I've been following certain blogs for a while now and at least 2 of them have started not just eating dairy but meat too! Under the idea of 'listening to your body' basically saying if your body craves meat then it's ok to eat it.
I'm begining to think the people didn't really grasp what veganism is in the first place. I mean come on now..what the fuck?!

Personally I don't buy into the veganism for health idea, veganism is no more healthy than a balanced omnivore diet. For me being vegan is an ethical choice, always has been and always will be!
How these people can believe so strongly in the cause and then turn their backs to the suffering they know is happening is just so dissapointing. So it's ok for an animal to suffer and die in misery so you can enjoy some chicken wings after training..what a crock!



I read recently that Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel have turned their backs on veganism too. Was gutted to read that Natalie Portman gave up on veganism since she became pregnant, which promotes the myth that it's unhealthy and considering the campaigning Natalie has done over the years for PETA (a company for another blog post!) it's just a giant slap in the face.

I guess I just don't get it. I've only been vegan for just over a year but I can't imagine ever going back to eating dairy let alone meat. I'm not out to make everyone in the world vegan, far from it. It has to be a choice and you have to make it for yourself.

There is a lot more I could say on this subject but I'm having a hell of a long day & the headache that turned into a migrane on Sunday night is still kinda lingering so I'm going to leave that here....for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment