Tuesday 28 June 2011

Can cake really make everything better?

So, I didn't get the job.
I was really quite upset, but 2 LARGE glasses of wine helped to ease the pain. The woman who called me to let me know how the 2nd interview went said that it was nothing personal and if there were 2 jobs she would give it to me (pah! whatever) BUT I had no previous charity experience & would be in charge of a lot of people, something I'm not used to (but was willing to do) UGH...must move on.

So this morning, I anticipated that I would feel crap so first thing I did was exercise. I finished day 7,level 2 of the 30 Day Shred then went straight onto No More Trouble Zones...was glad I did it, although I thought it was going to melt - the wether was hot yet rainy. Perfect weather for.....a storm!! Which kicked in not long after I finished my workout.
I did some washing, cleaned the kitchen, did a lot of job hunting (back on the horse as they say) and baked a cake.

 Was pretty sure i'd screwed up the frosting...I'm not ashamed to say I shed a few tears when I thought I had. The damned stuff was a bit too watery, I was sure it wouldn't 'set'.
But hey-presto! after some time in the fridge..it was fine & actually tasted pretty good. I used a new recipe I found online..not my usual triple chocolate cake recipe.

After cake, I went back to job hunting. So depressing...I need to find something..anything ...soon. I know I will but am feeling kinda defeated today.
Onwards and upwards as someone said, and as my Dad would say 'Don't let the bastards get you down' so it's with steely resolve that I carry on the job hunt....and probably a bit more cake.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment